When a child is born out of wedlock, myriad legal issues must be considered by the parents who are not married. While the father may seek legitimation for establishing his rights as a legal father, a mother to a child out of wedlock may file a paternity case. Paternity actions generally arise when a father refuses to pay child support or would like to redefine a father’s duties and responsibilities in the child’s life. If it can be proven, generally through a DNA test, that the alleged father is the biological father, child support payments may be imposed upon him by the court.

Whether you are a mother seeking to establish paternity to acquire child support, or you are the father and need experienced and knowledgeable legal representation in defending against allegations for child support, our team of experienced and caring family attorneys has more than 50 years of combined family law experience and can help you navigate through your particular situation. We invite you to call us today at 404.437.6641 to find out how we may be of service.